Our client, who has a large soft fruit farm situated in Hermanus, is looking for a Technical Assistant Estate Manager to join their team.
This position will report to the Farm Business Manager of the farm.
- Grade 12 Senior Certificate.
- Tertiary qualification an advantage.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of working on a farm environment.
- Tunnel/Shade net Construction and maintenance experience
- Good mechanical, welding and auto electrical skills on agricultural equipment and vehicles.
- Computer literate – proficient in E-mail, Excel, Word and Internet.
- Administration and report writing skills.
- Experience in procurement of agricultural equipment, workshop, tractor and vehicle spares and parts.
- Code 8 Driver’s License – Code 10 an advantage.
- Good communication skills in English and Afrikaans – Xhosa an advantage.
- Previous experience in managing teams
- Willingness to work overtime, weekends and in all weather conditions.
- Knowledge of large-scale crop production.
- Knowledge of ground maintenance and gardens.
- Well-organized, routine orientated and tidy individual
- Tunnel/Shade net construction and maintenance
- Repair and maintenance of vehicle fleet and equipment
- Basic construction and building maintenance including electrical work
- Stock control and budgets
- Compilation and timeous submission of reports
- Procurement: obtaining quotations and purchase orders; collection and distribution of purchases
- Staff management and bus transport arrangements
- Operate effectively in a pressurized agricultural environment
Closing date of applications: 15 January 2021
Preferred starting date: 1 March 2021
Enquiries: Please phone our recruitment department at +27 81 219 2117