Our client, situated in Hermanus, has this exciting vacancy available for an Estate Manager to oversee the whole function of the Estate.
- Grade 12. Tertiary qualification an advantage.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as an Estate Manager working on a farm environment
- Good mechanical, welding and auto electrical knowledge of agricultural equipment and vehicles.
- Computer literate – proficient in E-mail, Excel, Word and internet.
- Administration and report writing skills.
- Experience in procurement of agricultural equipment, tractor and vehicle spares and parts.
- Code 8 Driver’s License. Code 10 an advantage.
- Good communication skills in English and Afrikaans. Xhosa an advantage.
- Staff management skills.
- Willingness to work overtime, weekends and in all weather conditions.
- Knowledge of large-scale crop production.
- Knowledge of ground maintenance and gardens.
- See to the repair and maintenance of vehicle fleet and equipment.
- Workshop Management – Ensure that all maintenance projects are planned and prioritized, and a register of all maintenance carried out on farm machinery, vehicles and implements are maintained
- Field Maintenance- Develop, implement and monitor field maintenance schedule of areas to be serviced, nature of work and completion dates
- Human Management – Determine labour needs and prepare labour plan to carry out duties within specific deadlines for all departments within the site function.
- Basic construction and building maintenance including electrical work.
- Stock and Logistics Management
- Health & Safety – Ensure adherence to health & safety policies
- Compilation and timeous submission of reports.
- Procurement: obtaining quotations and purchase orders; collection and distribution of purchases of equipment for workshop and Estate.
- Staff management.
- Operate effectively in a pressurized agricultural environment.
Enquiries: Contact our Recruitment Department at 081 219 2117
Job Category: Agriculture Soft Fruit Farming
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hermanus
Closing Date: 15 June 2021