|Salary||Starting Date||Closing Date for Application||Location|
1 April 2020
29 February 2020
We are recruiting for an experienced, self-motivated and target driven Assistant Packhouse Manager for a Berry-farm in George. The Assistant Packhouse Manager will report to the Packhouse Manager.
The Purpose of the Role:
Manage the process of taking harvested fruit dispatched to meet with Customer specifications on time, in full at the highest possible quality.
- Management of productivity, labour and quality processes in the pack house
- Sound leadership and direction in the pack house ensuring quality product output, accuracy and consistency in pack house processes and documentation.
- Building and implementing best practice policies and principles.
- Develop and train a team of pack house staff.
- Ensuring high standards of health and safety practices.
- Ensuring compliance to all necessary industry quality assurance standards.
- Meeting all specifications as required by both local and export customers
- Tertiary qualification
- Must have excellent management experience.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Must have good numerical and planning skills.
- Must be self-disciplined, a team player, honest and of high integrity.
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision while meeting the set targets & deadlines.
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends
- Experience in HACCP, BRC, and or other quality system would be advantageous.
- Experience in managing soft fruit (labour intensive) pack houses would be advantageous.
How to apply
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com
- Please type your email with information pertaining to your salary expectation and notice period.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.