|Salary||Starting Date||Closing Date for Application||Location|
1 April 2020
29 February 2020
We are recruiting for an experienced self-motivated and target driven GROWER for our client’s Berry Farm in George. The Grower will report to the Farm Business Manager
The purpose of the Role:
To produce high quality fruit by determining the best growth strategy per crop type per field at the best possible productivity levels. To strive for and work towards perfection.
- Fertigation and irrigation as per crop/field requirements
- Plan, action, orientate and monitor labour to carry out tasks within set deadlines to maintain high levels of production and quality
- Procurement of all material and equipment within set deadlines to ensure uninterrupted services
- Establish and action maintenance plan of all equipment to ensure uninterrupted services
- Plan, coordinate, monitor and adjust husbandry strategy per crop per field as indicated by plant growth
- Determine applicable cropping system per day, per crop
- Tunnel ops and maintenance according to strategic plan established per crop per field to ensure climate control
- Action tunnel management activities according to climatic changes (venting/deventing)
- Monitor fields and develop appropriate spray programme to minimize pest infestations
- Procure services within relevant department to meet specific deadlines and outcomes
- Implementation of biological pest and disease control measures
- Develop, implement, and monitor effective pollination strategy per field per crop, ensure safety standards are adhered to
- Develop, implement, and monitor effective field maintenance programme per field per crop resulting in neat blocks
- Tertiary: B.Sc/M.Sc Agricultural/Horticultural Diploma/Degree
- Minimum of 3 years growing soft fruit/production experience– young energetic person.
- Good literacy, numeracy, computer skills, excellent report writing skills
- Driving license with own transport
How to apply
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com
- Please type your email with information pertaining to your salary expectation and notice period.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.